Friday, September 07, 2012

Valkyries and Vendettas, part 1

I have started on the Valkyrie I picked up at a bring and buy for a tenner. It'll do as a test-bed for the paint scheme; I can make my mistakes here, and if it's that bad, I can turn it into scenery. It was completely undercoated in black, across the canopy as well, so I bought a spare from a bits seller online to replace it. Here's the basic model after a coat of silver spray...


 I thought that I would pop the cockpit off now. Okay, I see why he painted across the canopy - none of the cockpit pieces were fitted! Never mind, I can scratchbuild something into there and make the replacement canopy tinted to hide the difference!



Next thing is to get some base colours on, just to block out where I want things. Red tail, red intakes, drab anti-glare round the cockpit. I am still debating invasion stripes on the wings...


It does look a little 'Grey Knight', but I think that the nose art will break that a bit...

1 comment:

Ubique Matt said...

Looking good already. Interesting to see how it turns out.

Regards,
Matt